Tired of "Destiel vs Wincest" while poor Sassy sits by itself in a corner? Good, us too. Why should Dean have to choose? For that matter, why should we? Sam and Cas should run off together, Dean and Sam should have wonderful soulmate sex, and Dean and Cas should keep right on having their profound bond. The more the merrier! We don't like ship wars; we're taking a third option. We are uniting for love of SPN and love of slash! We are the Wincestiel shippers.
Welcome to Fuck Yeah Wincestiel: a blog for us who refuse to choose. If you've got Wincestciel, I want it. Feel free to submit and ask all you like.
Who says you can't have it all? >:D
(Warning: This blog may contain NSFW material, but it will never contain hate.)
Here’s the thing about wincestiel
Dean and Sam are perfectly fine with each other, I get that. But they are too much alike at time it’s too emotionally debilitating. Like Dean knows where to move before Sam even says it and it’s good but it, it’s kinda weird, you know? Like they’re practically one. And they’re so battle-roughened and hard-handed and experienced in every way. But then Castiel is this little angel who’s never been with anyone and he’s new, he’s soft. No, Sam and Dean probably love each other more but they’re fascinated with the sudden new addition and they’re kind of attracted to his naivete. They could love Cas in an entirely different way, and Cas would be like this object of interest to them and they’d examine him and think “what is this soft thing?” Like Sam with Jess, and Dean with all the girls he’s been with. Smooth skinned, long limbed, just a deeper level of emotional understanding and just, refreshing, once in a while. You know? (no?)
I personally never thought Sam would in any way be the “awkward third”. It just never made sense to me that way. Like if Dean and Cas wanted to fuck what the fuck is Sam doing here when he can get girls in bars nude in three seconds flat?
(ps: Yeah of course Cas understands Sam will always choose Dean and Dean will always choose Sam. Doesn’t mean he can’t have a piece of the pie though, hmm?)
Yeah. Why I ship it.
oh, omg, anonnnn don’t get me started
let me try to remember some
(I guess I sort of live in a happy universe in my head where they are as mushily settled in with each other as they can be while still being in character… but I don’t necessarily see any of these headcanons as AU so IDEK)
also, sorry if these are incoherent because it’s like 5am omg
- clothesharing. ALL THE CLOTHESHARING. because Sam likes seeing Dean and Cas wear his clothes, okay, you cannot convince me otherwise. (it pretty much already happened with Dean, considering how closely he & Sam’ve always shared space, but with Cas it just… falls into place). he ends up with mostly Dean’s clothes because they’re closest in size, but he borrows Sam’s buttondowns and jackets and has to roll up the sleeves
- when Cas first starts needing to sleep he keeps forgetting to do it, because he never needed to before, and basically unless Sam ‘n’ Dean remind him to sleep he’ll just… insist he doesn’t need to, and run himself into the ground until he crashes? so they’ll be like “Cas, you need to sleep,” and he’ll be like “NO, really, I’m fine.” and then they’ll drag him to bed with them under the pretense of “well, we need to sleep” and cuddle on either side of him until he gives in to his tiredness
- CUDDLES! Sam tends to be the big spoon because obviously he is huge and can wrap around everybody, but sometimes it varies, sometimes Cas is in the middle and sometimes Dean is in the middle—mostly they just cuddle every which way
- Cas has trouble actually falling asleep so he talks about things—he just can’t settle down and rambles… about what’s going on in Heaven, or the next stage in their plans, or what he thinks could help Sam and Dean on the hunt, etc. Sam humors him so they talk quietly as they’re falling asleep, and Dean’s like OMG GUYS WILL YOU SHUT UP ALREADY, except goodnaturedly
- spontaneous makeouts??? morning sex
- IN THE SAME VEIN AS CLOTHES-SHARING: one time they went clothes-shopping with Castiel just after he started falling because Dean was like “you need some new clothes, dude. the trench is great but so is variety!” except it went terribly because Cas said something really blunt to one of the store employees and she had a fit and quit her job and after that they decided clothes-sharing was just the best option
- when Sam or Dean is having a nightmare, Cas soothes their sleep. he just sort of… touches their cheeks, and they stop thrashing or sleep-talking. he still keeps doing it, even when technically he’s getting low on mojo—even though Sam would give him a LOOK for ‘wasting’ it on calming them and Dean would be like “c’mon, Cas, they’re just nightmares”—because at least they’re sleeping
- also sometimes he sings to them in Enochian, like… in the middle of the night… he wasn’t ever one of the angels whose forte was singing or anything, but it just ends up devolving to this gravelly sort of humming, IDEK
- so when it comes to takeout, to figure out what kind of Chinese food Cas likes (he would just order whatever they were ordering at first), Sam and Dean just kind of order ALL THE FOOD and share all of it on one of the motel beds and then they go into a Chinese food coma and two hours later Castiel is like, “how is it possible that I’m hungry?” and Sam is like “that’s normal” and Dean’s like “NBD THERE ARE LEFTOVERS” and they just lounge around eating leftovers
- Dean teaches Castiel how to drive (at first disastrous, eventually passably successful); Sam teaches Castiel how to use a laptop
- and they end up on NASA’s Picture of the Day website and Castiel gets really sentimental about the nebulas and things because when an angel dies they become a part of space (a constellation or a new star or a nebula or something) so he recognizes them
- Sam radiates heat like a fucking furnace so Cas ends up leaching heat off him a lot when he starts needing to regulate his own body temperature when his mojo is gone (Dean does this too and they’re both like SAM YOU ARE A SPACE HEATER)
- spreading the trenchcoat out as a blanket
- introducing Castiel to music (Dean tries to get him into Metallica and Zeppelin and Aerosmith and Sam thinks he would prefer classical and then it turns out Cas actually likes random easy listening radio stations or talk shows or something best, because they’re easy to turn into white noise subconsciously, to substitute how he always used to hear his family talking in the background)
- all the feels about them celebrating Christmas together that I described in this post
- sometimes i think about how we’re all made of stardust
- and i wonder is cas, the celestial wave of intent
- knew dean and sam
- before they were born.
- like maybe.
- he ran across them in space millenniums ago
- and that why he can find them in the pit
- because he remembers who-what they are at the core
- has seen them at their purest.
- and maybe chuck sat down with death as he watched little cas find the winchesters in the beginning
- and makes a choice
- to give them choice.
- maybe cas is the start of it all, really.
- cas and
- the two tiny specs of the most beautiful star
- he fell in love with
- in the beginning of all things.
Dont know where you anons came from, but here, let me tell you why I ship Wincestiel and my beliefs on it.
Alright this all has to do with one word “codependent”.
Sam and Dean are codependent on one another. Castiel is codependent on the Winchesters. The Winchesters become slightly codependent on Castiel. It’s a giant triangle of depending on one another. And boy do they ever depend on one another.
Dean depends on Castiel and Sam. Sam depends on Dean and Castiel. Castiel depends on Sam and Dean. It’s just an endless loop of I need your help, I want to help you, I want to see you, I dont want to see you. It’s endless and it is beautiful.
I think that’s why I ship it. I love their insane codependency on one another. I love how these three characters literally have a hard time getting by without the others. Like when Sam was soulless, Dean and Castiel had a hard time getting by. When Castiel was all “I’m God”, Dean and Sam had a hard time getting by. Also when he was God, he had a hard time not being around Sam and Dean. And when he got his senses back he apologized for everything because he too fell into that codependency trap and cant manage without them.
Codependency is the basis to the Wincestiel relationship, in my opinion, and I think it’s what makes the pairing/relationship so unique and beautiful.
So I hope that answered your asks, anons.
dean why can’t you be cool
You’re tearing this family apart, Dean.
DEAN WINCHESTER DOES NOT SAVE HIS BRO FROM WATER.
HE SAVES HIS BRO FROM FIRE.
DEAN WINCHESTER IS TOO HARDCORE FOR YOUR DROWNING BULLSHIT.
FUCK YOU IF YOU DON’T KNOW HOW TO SWIM.
UM FUCK THAT
DEAN WINCHESTER IS SO FUCKING HARDCORE HE WILL SAVE HIS BROS FROM FIRE AND WATER
Because I read things like the delicious Howl Verse by Paxlux -
“They fight, knock-down-drag-out fights, Dean with his boxer’s stance and dirty fighting, Sam with his outrageous reach and the dirty fighting he learned from Dean, two weapons clashing until they collapse together, covered in each other’s blood and bruises. Then one of them starts to laugh, then the other, and they fight some more, laughing, hitting harder.”
And I just think. Where is Cas. Cas is their balance. I believe in dependent-off-the-deep-end!wincest. Enjoy it quite a bit actually but, it’s undeniably destructive. They love too much, we know this. Their buffer - their balance - their third is Cas.
Remember that the best relationship is one in which your love for each other exceeds your need for each other.
Sam-‘n-Dean need each other. Their love is twisted and chaining and unending and painfully sharp because it’s twisted up with that need. There’s no seperation of the two. So, consequently - it’s why I don’t find Wincest hard to ship at all.
But it is why I find healthy Wincest hard to ship. Because they can’t quite have it on their own. Cas makes that possible. Cas gives them a buffer and a third leg to balance on and someone they can love more than need him and who can love them more than he needs them. BAMF and alien and Cas as Castiel is, I do believe I’m right on that point.
So I read these things and all it ends up doing is make me hurt and have all the Please-Wincestiel feels. Is it wrong to just want one thing in the Winchester’s lives to not be painful and fraying and heartbreakingly endlessly full of war?
But. TLDR: Wincest is beautifully broken and Wincestiel is beautifully whole.
So what if Castiel is alive if he’s left some of his grace behind in the Winchesters?
Like he’s left some in Sam after checking up on his soul that one time and that’s why Sam’s seizures and hallucinations weren’t nearly so bad as Death threatened that they might be and it’s why Sam, now that he’s mostly incorporated the memories, has this sense of peace and happiness these days.
And of course he’s left some in the brand on Dean’s shoulder but because Dean has to be contrary and guilt ridden and shit, it’s the major factor behind why Dean keeps dreaming about Castiel.
And then when Castiel comes back or is taken back or is restored or however it is that he returns, it’s not like he can just siphon his grace — however minute the remnants — out of either of them or that he would considering what good it’s doing Sam. But maybe he just comes back and that’s it, that feeling of having come home because he’s with the two people that make him feel whole again.